14 commercial online services you can access via the Internet
A variety of commercial online services can be reached from your Internet account,
allowing "one stop shopping" for all your online information needs. Note that
these services are not free -- each is a pay-for-use service that requires you to
set up an account. You must arrange for an account with the service provider before you
can use the service.
- BRS -- Bibliographic Retrieval Service: telnet brs.com
- BioTechNet: telnet biotechnet.com. For information, log in as JOINBTN with the password BIOTECH
- CompuServe: telnet compuserve.com and type CIS at the Host Name prompt.
- Datapac: telnet hermes.merit.edu then type datapacinfo at the prompt
- Datastar: telnet rserv.rs.ch
- Delphi: telnet delphi.com
- Dialog: telnet dialog.com
- Dow Jones News/Retrieval: telnet djnr.dowjones.com
- LEXIS/NEXIS: telnet lexis.meaddata.com
- Legi-Slate Info Service: telnet legislate.com
- Western Libraries Network: telnet wln.com
- Research Library Information Network: telnet rlg.stanford.edu
- Women's WIRE: telnet wwire.net
- America Online.
You'll need America Online's special software, which you can get via anonymous FTP from ftp.aol.com.
Internet Top Ten Lists Table of Contents | Previous List | Next List
Copyright © 1994, 1995, 2004 by Kevin Savetz. The information in this book was collected in 1994-1995 and has not been updated since.