Eleven Fascinating facts about Kibo
Kibo, an omnipresent Internet personality, has been called "a fixture in the pantheon of net gods, maybe even a bathroom fixture." If you don't know who he is, then you simply haven't been on the Internet quite long enough. Wait a while and you will. The Unofficial Kibology World Wide Web site - er, shrine - is at http://rescomp.stanford.edu/~asuter/kibo/kibo.html. It's a veritable cybershrine to "Leader Kibo". And now, eleven fascinating things you probably didn't know about Kibo.
- Kibo has a .signature file that's more than 989 lines long, featuring hundreds of quotations, lots of horrible ASCII art, a recipe for Peanut Blossoms cookies, and even a scratch 'n sniff of "beautiful downtown Schenectady".
- He wears size 30 boots ("they were made in the Soviet Union so they're metric.")
- He has a near-complete collection of "Gumby" cartoons.
- He studied sitcom writing, among other things, in college. He graduated with a BFA in "Writing, Literature, and Publishing/Professional Writing Division" with minors in math and science.
- "I'm quite good at pinball and Scrabble but the worst checkers player in the world."
- In mid-August of 1994, Kibo sent me mail stating "The can of Spam sitting in front of me will expire in one month, at which time I will open it and see why it makes that sloshing noise when shaken." He has had the can for nearly two years.
- Favorite flavor of ice cream? "The green tea ice cream from the Chinatown Ice Cream Parlor in New York City."
- Kibo's real name is James W. Parry. No, he hasn't had it legally changed to just "Kibo."
- The newsgroup alt.religion.kibology is 50% to 75% more popular than alt.religion.scientology.
- Beverages of choice while hacking? Iced oolong tea, Dr. Pepper, Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray Soda, "anything but Zima."
- He doesn't know any yo-yo tricks. "I think I can twirl it around my head and use it to knock onlookers unconscious. I don't think I can make it go up and down the string, though."
Internet Top Ten Lists Table of Contents | Previous List | Next List
Copyright © 1994, 1995, 2004 by Kevin Savetz. The information in this book was collected in 1994-1995 and has not been updated since.