Your Internet Consultant - The FAQs of Life Online

4.38 How can I change how my name appears?

On some UNIX systems you can change some of the information about you, such as your name and office location by typing chfn, which stands for "change finger name."

If chfn is not available, try typing passwd -f.

For more information see the chfn, passwd, and finger manual pages or online help.

Table of Contents | Previous Section | Next Section