Your Internet Consultant - The FAQs of Life Online
10.24. How do I access IRC?
You may have an IRC client running on your system. Check with other users or
the system administrator to find out. Try typing irc or ircii to
see whether anything extraordinary happens. If so, chances are you've found
your system's IRC client.
If you are use the emacs environment, try typing M-x irc.
If not, you can use one of the Internet's public IRC systems. Instead of
running the client on your own machine, you can Telnet to another system that
When you connect to many of these systems you'll see a message announcing that
you should use public IRC clients only as a last resort. If you can, compile an
IRC client for your system.
- telnet sci.dixie.edu 6677
- telnet exuokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu 6677
- telnet caen.fr.eu.undernet.org 6677
- telnet caen.fr.eu.undernet.org 7766
- telnet obelix.wu-wien.ac.at 6996
- telnet ircclient.itc.univie.ac.at 6668
- telnet irc.tuzvo.sk 6668
irc.nsysu.edu.tw (Login: irc)
Table of Contents | Previous Section | Next Section